There are a lot of GREAT things happening this month at the theme parks! Springtime is an exciting time to be inside all the magic of either Disney or Universal Studios Theme Parks. Let’s talk about all of the special events and promotions announced this week!
Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival 2023
Today, March 3, is the opening of the Food and Wine Festival at Disney’s California Adventure Park. This festival runs through April 25 and hosts 12 festival marketplaces. This year, the event expands beyond the park and includes Downton Disney.
This week, more details for Food and Wine at DCA were announced including the return of the “Sip and Savor Pass” as well as unique experiences offered to guests at both Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
The “Sip and Save Pass” is a commemorative keepsake that through purchase allows guests to sample 8 different food and non-alcoholic beverages over the course of the festival. It can be used solo or shared among a group. You can purchase the pass at various locations throughout the park.
You can also now book 2 separate experiences during the festival. At Disneyland Hotel participate in Trader Sam’s Mixology Seminar (includes snacks) and leave with a memory and a souvenir mug. You can also meet chef’s, sommeliers and art historians while sipping wine at Hearthstone Lounge inside the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa.
Sign up to get the upcoming Food Guide for the DCA Food and Wine Festival delivered to you inbox as fast as we release it.
Mickey’s Toontown Food Guide
On March 19, Mickey’s Toontown will reopen at Disneyland Park. Two NEW food service locations will open with this land and this week, we found out more about them.
Café Daisy will be a new quick service location that will offer up family friendly staples like the “Dressed up Dog”, an all-beef hot dog with chili cheese sauce, mac n cheese and served with parmesan potato crispies. There will also be plant-based choices and allergy friendly options. Highlights of the menu below:
- Cheesy Pizza Flip Over (Pepperoni version available) as well as the “Cheese Please” Pizza
- Spring Garden Wrap (plant-based)
- “Bite Size Minnie” mini corn dogs with mini mac n cheese
- Toontown “Tater Crisps”- house made and served with chili cheese sauce.
- Daisy’s “Goody Goody” Donuts
Beverage choices include a “Picnic Time Watermelon Lemonade” as well as a specialty cold brew and more! The “Cold Brrr-ew” is made with caramel mudslide flavoring and sea salt whipped cream.
Good Boy! Grocers inside Mickey’s Toontown will be a roadside stand where guests can pick up grab n go snacks like mini Babybel cheeses, drinkable yogurt, Coca-Cola products and more. This location will also have 3 versions of a picnic basket you can purchase for you group. The picnic baskets will include the small bite size snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival 2023
This week kicked-off the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. Guests with a ticket to the park can enjoy food samples from over 20 food kitchens as well as take in a concert (free with park ticket) from BIG NAME artists. For the full line up for this year’s festival, click HERE. This year, the festival runs into early summer up until July 5. To learn what’s new this year, click HERE.
Sign up below to get the food guide delivered directly to you inbox as soon as we release it!
“Her-story” Celebrated by the Disney Culinary Team
March is Women’s History Month and chefs, pastry chefs and mixologists around the Disney World property are taking the opportunity to honor women and themselves by creating dishes/treats/beverages that are inspired by women. For a closer look at the food guide for this month’s specialty food guide, click HERE.
Typhoon Lagoon Glows Up the Night
On March 19, Typhoon Lagoon will reopen after a refurbishment just in time of Spring and Summer. The Disney Waterpark continues to have the same popular and exciting attractions such as the water coaster, “Crushin’ Gusher” as well as the adventurous family raft ride “Miss Adventure Falls”. You can still splash around in the largest wave pool in North America at Typhoon Lagoon.
Now for a limited time, guests who visit the park can purchase the Typhoon Silly Sipper- an all-day refillable fountain beverage mug.
In May, the “After Hours” event: Glow H2O will return to Typhoon Lagoon. This special ticketed event was announced last week. To get more details, click HERE.
Adventures by Disney Promotions
Right now, you can save on select Adventures by Disney packages (flight/adventure). Are you a Disney Visa Card holder? You can save even more! The discounts are as follows:
- Save $750/person on select Arctic Expedition Adventures (Disney Visa Card holders save $1000/person)
- Save $500/person on select international land & river cruise adventures (Disney Visa Card holder save $750/person)
- Save $350/person on Domestic Adventures (Disney Visa Card holders save $600/person)
Universal Studios Hollywood
We continue to get more updates and experiences inside the BRAND-NEW land “Super Nintendo World” at Universal Studios Hollywood. For a closer look, click HERE.
Universal Orlando Resort
The Mardi Gras Festival is expanding into the Resort Hotels so guests can now continue the party beyond the theme park. Right now, The Mardi Gras Festival: Flavors of Carnaval is taking place at the theme parks through April 15. Now through the end of the event, some hotel restaurants and lounges are getting in on the action!
Below is a list of the restaurants/lounges serving specialty food/beverages in celebration of Mardi Gras:
Loews Portofino Hotel
- Trattoria Del Porto: Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, Masquerade Cannoli
- The Thirsty Fish: The Boulevardier (Bourbon, Italian Liqueur, and fortified wine)
- Splendido Bar & Grill: Mojito Lemonade
The Hard Rock Hotel
- The Kitchen: Bourbon Street Beignets, French 75 (Gin, fresh lemon juice, sugar & champagne
- The Velvet Bar: N’awlins Po’boy Sliders
- Beach Club: Hurricane
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
- Islands Dining Room: King Cake Pancakes
- Orchid Court Lounge and Sushi Bar: The Orchid
- Tuk Tuk Market: The Chocolate Bomb
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
- Amatista Cookhouse: Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Gumbo Potpie
- Strong Water Tavern: Cucumber Hurricane Twist
- New Dutch Trading Company: Traditional King Cake
Universal’s Cabana Bay
- Galaxy Bowl: Shrimp Po’boy with Zapps Chips
- Laissez Les Bon Temp Rouler Hurricane
Universal’s Adventura Hotel
- Bar 17 Bistro: Crawfish Etouffee
- Urban Pantry: Muffaletta Sandwich
- Bar 17 Bistro and Bar Ventura: Hurricane, Sazerac
Universal’s Endless Summer Resorts:
Surfside Inn & Suites:
- Beach Break Café: New Orleans BBQ Shrimp and Dirty Rice
- The Sand Bar: The Endless Carnaval
Dockside Inn & Suites
- Pier 8 Market: New Orleans Cajun Roasted Chicken and Dirty Rice
- The Sunset Lounge, The Oasis Beach Bar & The Wave Maker’s Pool Bar: The Endless Carnaval
If you book Universal’s Cabana Bay Resort for a 5-night hotel and ticket package for stays between now and December 14, 2023, you can receive up to $650 off. With a 3 Park, 3 Day Park to park ticket, guests will receive 2 park days free with booking.
Book NOW through May 3 for Cabana Bay to receive this offer. Reach out to our friends at DizN Vacations for details and a no obligation quote. The agents at DizN Vacations are professionals with all the experience you need for your next trip!
Are you excited about any of the latest news? Have questions? Let us know in the comments!
Leave a Reply